Delivering on his eye-catching reputation, John Pangilinan revealed his 2015 Sonata for the 2014 SEMA show. The JP Edition Sonata strives to change the perception of what a sedan is by combining high performance driving dynamics with the striking visuals of Los Angeles street art.
With an emphasis on maintaining his signature build style, the JP Edition Sonata connects Los Angeles street art culture with automotive enthusiasts. By keeping the stock white paintwork as the visual base, JP wanted to represent a blank white canvas, upon which he would create a work of art. Working in collaboration with Flexfit | BSCMP and Mr. 44, a renowned Los Angeles-based street artist, the trio was able to create a Sonata that reflects a union between equally passionate street art and auto-enthusiast cultures.
“Inspired by a trip earlier this year to the Pow! Wow! Hawai’i art event in Hawaii, I wanted to connect the street art culture to automotive, without going too over the top with a full blown art car,” said John Pangilinan. “This build features a balance of performance products, in-car entertainment with the latest innovations and clean styling, representing the enthusiasts whose cars showcase an extension of their personalities and lifestyles.”
Giving the Sonata a performance boost, John Pangilinan added:
- an AEM cold air intake
- a MagnaFlow exhaust kit
- a hot charge pipe from Bisimoto engineering
- The chassis has been altered with the addition of KW coilovers
- A custom, wide body and lip kit from LTMW
- the car now sits on 19-in. RAYS Gram Lights 57Getter wheels wrapped in Toyo R888 tires
- the front seats have been replaced with RECARO cross sportster seats
- BP Auto Sound has added a full audio system with Alpine and Scosche electronics
Article Source: http://www.hyundainews.com/us/en-us/Media/PressRelease.aspx?mediaid=41902&title=john-pangilinans-2015-sonata-blends-street-art-with-high-performance-for-sema