With its Coupé, Hatchback and Sedan, the 2015 Hyundai Elantra covers a wide-ranging spectrum to suit all tastes. And like all the automaker’s other models, it is dependably reliable, offering good value for money. The Elantra has reasonable fuel consumption rates and offers excellent standard features with the emphasis on comfort and roominess.
- The Coupé kicks off the show with six versions: the manual GL at $18,999, the automatic GL at $20,249, the manual GLS at $20,949, the automatic GLS at $22,199, the SE manual at $24,349 and finally, the SE automatic at $25,599.
- As for the Sedan, you’re looking at seven models: the L manual at $15,999, the GL manual at $18,749, the GL automatic at $20,099, the Sport automatic at $20,398, the GLS manual at $21,049, the GLS automatic at $22,399 and the Limited at $25,649.
- Plus, it’s possible to get yourself one of seven versions of the 5-door Hatchback: the GT L manual at $18,449, the GT GL manual at $19,599, the GT GL automatic at $20,849, the GT GLS manual at $21,799, the GT GLS automatic at $23,049, the GT automatic at $24,799 and the GT Tech automatic at $26,799.
Fuel Economy: Consumption rates for the Hyundai Elantra vary according to the model and powertrain. For the Coupé, it’s 8.4L /100 km (city) and 5.6L/100 km (highway). For the Sedan: 8.8L /100 km (city) and 6.3L/100 km (highway)…for the 1.8L engine it’s 9.8L /100 km (city) and 6.7L/100 km (highway) for the 2.0L engine model. As for the power-driven 2.0L Hatchback, consumption is 8.5L /100 km (city) and 5.8L/100 km (highway).
Improvements and Changes:
- The 2.0L motor is now offered on the GLS models.
- 2015 Hyundai Elantra Powertrain: Under the hood of the 2015 Elantra, Hyundai gives you the choice of two 4-cylinder DOHC engines: an inline 1.8 L providing 145 hp and a 2.0 L with an output of 173 hp. Both types are matched with a 6-speed transmission (manual or automatic).
- Cargo Capacity: If you opt for the Sedan or the Coupé, you can pack in 420 L of storage space. If you go for the Hatchback, load capacity jumps to 651 L (with upright seats) and 1,444 L with the back seats lowered.
- Safety: On the safety side, the 2015 Hyundai Elantra boasts ABS, brake assist, electronic brake force distribution, electronic stability control and traction control.
Article Source: http://www.auto123.com/en/news/2015-hyundai-elantra-preview?artid=170744