The survey, by Strategic Vision, measured an owner’s love/hate relationship with their vehicles. “Dr. Darrel Edwards, Ph.D. reports, ‘We completed over a decade of research and consulting in determining how to capture the ways that people talk about their loves. We discovered that the natural language was in a ‘Love-Hate’ context with nuances in-between.’ Vehicle buyers speak their minds, saying whether they Hate or Love their vehicles, or particular aspects of the vehicle and the experiences they deliver.
“According to Dr. Edwards, ‘The report of Most Loved Vehicles in America captures a vehicle’s total emotional response from buyer-drivers. The industry is mature enough to actually accept ‘True Love’ as a core comprehensive, interactive and discriminating emotional response.”
But now Hyundai has a challenge to make the 2015 Hyundai Genesis the most-loved near luxury sedan. Here are five things that could put it over the top:
- best-looking Genesis ever and one of the best-looking sedans on the road
- Multi-mode all-wheel-drive availability
- It has the more interior passenger space in its class by almost 10 cubic feet
- The heart of the Genesis 5.0 is the award-winning 5.0-liter Tau V8 engine producing 420 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 383 lb. ft. of torque at 5,000 rpm
- Automatic Emergency Braking, utilizing sensor fusion technology to help avoid a potential collision or reduce its impact