Hyundai’s popular Genesis Coupe continues building its appeal in the fiercely-competitive sport coupe segment. For 2014, Genesis Coupe offers a number of key features and enhancements that add to its recognized market success as a rear-drive, high-output performance sport coupe for everyday enthusiasts.
- Engine RPM downshift rev-matching standard with 8-speed automatic transmission
- High-performance carbon-coated synchronizer rings added to manual transmission
- Hill-start Assist feature standard on manual transmission
- Engine intake sound induction pipe added to 2.0L Turbo models
- Fog lights, cruise control, auto-dimming inside mirror with HomeLink®, heated mirrors and floor mats are standard on all models
- Enhanced seat bolsters for R-Spec models
- Enhanced navigation system function
- Five new exterior colors and new cloth interior scheme
- Revised feature packaging for greater buyer appeal at every trim level
- Hyundai Assurance Connected Care telematics services standard for three years via the available Blue Link® telematics platform (3.8 Grand Touring/Ultimate and 2.0T Premium)
- Safety and Car Care features standard on all Blue Link-equipped models
- Automatic Collision Notification, SOS Emergency Assistance, Enhanced Roadside Assistance
- Car Care: Monthly Vehicle Health Report, Maintenance Alert, Automatic Diagnostics Trouble Code Notification, Recall Advisor and in-vehicle Car Care maintenance scheduling
The Genesis Coupe strikes a menacing demeanor, with an aggressively designed front fascia, grille, headlights, LED daytime running lights, fog lights and hood with heat extractor cues. The side view reveals aggressive 18- and 19-inch alloy wheel designs with deep dimensional sculpting. Finally, the rear taillights provide a visual spark via premium LED illumination and new contours. Traditional rear-drive sport coupe proportions are clearly evident, with a long wheelbase and short front and rear overhangs producing a classic wedge-like profile. Genesis Coupe’s bodyside character line is an innovative “Z”-shaped design that integrates seamlessly with a unique, drop-beltline rear window graphic. Also, for 2014, heated outside mirrors and fog lights are standard on all Genesis Coupes.
Genesis Coupe’s arching roofline and tapering greenhouse highlight the exterior profile and emphasize the car’s broad shoulders and wide stance. To complete the aggressive sports car look, the depth between the fenders and the greenhouse is maximized. Large openings in the front fascia allow for optimal engine breathing coupled with an aggressive look. Dual asymmetrical exhaust tips integrated with the blackout rear diffuser treatment complete the performance message from the rear.
The automatic transmissions for both engines have 8-speeds, with an enhanced paddle-shifter design for the SHIFTRONIC® manual-shifting capability. In addition, the 8-speed automatic now precisely rev-matches engine RPM to the exact selected-gear speed, for smooth downshifts into corners and superb dynamic balance.
Both engines are mated to standard six-speed manual transmissions that feature new carbon synchronizer rings for smoother shift action and enhanced synchronizer durability. Each transmission has been specifically tuned to match its engine’s unique power and torque curve characteristics.
In addition to the steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, each automatic offers shift capability via the shift lever according to individual driver preference. A clear LCD readout on the instrument panel shows the selected gear at all times for the driver.
While all Genesis Coupe models offer a true rear-drive sport coupe driving experience, the high-performance Genesis Coupe R-Spec and Ultimate models raise the bar even higher with a differentiated, track-tuned suspension. The R-Spec/Ultimate suspension features both firmer front spring rates (seven percent) and rear spring rates (11 percent), with matched damper rates. The Genesis Coupe R-Spec/Ultimate models also deliver a significant increase in roll control over other versions of the Genesis Coupe via thicker stabilizer bars (24mm front/20mm rear). Genesis Coupes also use low-velocity-control dampers for refined ride comfort coupled with excellent body control.
In addition, all R-Spec and Ultimate models receive front strut camber adjustment bolts that can be easily installed in the front strut assembly at their owner’s discretion. These camber adjustment bolts allow approximately -1.5 degrees of negative front camber adjustment for sharper, more responsive apex turn-in and reduction of understeer in competitive events.
Of course, superb Genesis Coupe structural rigidity sets the fundamental foundation for dynamic precision, regardless of specific suspension calibration.
This is just a speck of what the Hyundai Genesis offers. For more information see: Hyundai News Canada